How to Tell if You Need Commercial Door Repair
For many, commercial overhead doors act as an extra layer of security, protecting the valuable space within your building. Your overhead doors, then, are a vital part of your business, and it is important to keep them in working condition. Periodically, your overhead door will need general maintenance. If you ignore regular maintenance inspections, your overhead door might begin experiencing problems.
In this blog, we will discuss some warning signs that your commercial overhead door might need repair. (Note: if your commercial door is experiencing any of the following issues, you should have them repaired by a professional like us!)
- Your door won’t open or close.The most obvious sign that your door needs repair is if it won’t open or close. This can be a frustrating issue, and it is likely the result of broken/worn down cables, springs that need to be replaced, or tracks that are jammed. Each of these issues are potentially dangerous and should be handled by a professional overhead door repair service.
- Your door is running slowly or skipping.There are multiple possible reasons for a slow-moving or jerking overhead door. For example, your overhead door might be running slowly due to old age. If you’ve gone several years without an overhead door maintenance check or upgrade, your overhead door will begin to show signs of age like running slowly. Slow operation might also be due to insufficient lubrication of your tracks.
- Your door is making abnormal noises.A noise overhead door is a telltale sign that it needs repairs. The motor could be experiencing issues or your door may be experiencing a mechanical problem. Again, it is important to hire a professional to inspect the noise and make any necessary replacements or repairs on the overhead door.
- Your door has a delayed response time.Your door might not only be running slowly, but also responding slowly. This issue might be due to insufficient lubrication as well.
- Your door is uneven or unbalanced.An overhead door that seems out of balance must be immediately repaired. Unbalanced doors are typically the result of a worn-out spring, and eventually, the spring will snap and your overhead door will fail to function.
Delaying necessary repairs like the ones above could result in costly, inconvenient, and potentially dangerous emergency door replacement later.
Why You Should Hire Premier for Your Repair Needs
These warning signs are all potentially dangerous to tackle on your own. Overhead door repair should not be attempted by yourself. Instead, hire a skilled, trained professional like us to take on these risky tasks.
Here are a few reasons to hire a professional for commercial overhead door repair:
- It will save you money and time.Well-functioning overhead doors are especially critical to commercial operations, which is why we offer flexible services in order to be minimally disruptive to your operational hours, ultimately saving you time. No matter how large or small the problem may be, we also guarantee the highest level of repair service at an affordable rate.
- It is safer.Commercial overhead doors are large in size and highly specialized. This means they come with their own set of complex issues, and they should be repaired by a trained professional.
- It is convenient.Using a professional like us for repair work is far more convenient than attempting to do it yourself. Hiring an expert will have your overhead door issues diagnosed promptly and completed quickly. You won’t have to wait for days or even weeks to find time on your own to repair the issues.
- Your overhead commercial door will have increased longevity.Only a professional will be able to diagnose issues and recommend necessary repairs. Our repair experts at Premier Overhead Doors will identify every area that needs improvement to ensure the safety and longevity of your overhead door.
- We have the appropriate tools and expertise.Overhead door repair requires specialized equipment. If you don’t have this equipment, it is difficult and dangerous to perform repair tasks. At Premier Overhead Doors, we have the tools necessary to provide high quality repair service.
We have been providing the highest level of service in overhead door installation, maintenance, and repair since 2003. Don’t let your repair needs wait—contact us today to learn more about Premier Overhead Doors’ reliable repair services.